Image Map

Monday, August 19, 2013

8 Tracks Into Album



Well, I am now 8 tracks into the project! Woohoo! I still want to come up with 2 more tracks before I release it but I’m feeling rather positive. Some good preliminary feedback from folks is really making this  project come together.

I think I’ve decided to only have vocals and guitar on this thing. I’ve thought quite a bit about it, but if no one cares, then I would much rather just record what I can perform live. Unfortunately, I do not have the time or resources to devote to getting other players on this recording. In addition, I really like it when the recorded music you hear accurately reflects what can be performed on stage.

If I only do one instrument plus vocals at a time then I can at least pull that off in front of people. And that matters a lot to me. Even at the cost of a boring arrangement. I’ve done elaborate arrangements before and while they were great, I could never do it live and that drove me slightly crazy.

Anyway, I’m feeling really excited about the work I’ve been up to. The performances are really coming together.

Special Thanks to Dylan for the input! 







-Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment