Image Map

Monday, August 5, 2013

Thanks for Listening!

Thanks for listening!

I randomly looked at the stats for this page and I was like…wait a minute, someone may actually be reading this! So, I just wanted to make sure to say thanks for listening to the music. I’ve been writing songs for an eternity and it really means alot to me that someone out there is actually taking to the time to hear this material. Special thanks to Coda and Klayton for the recent support and interest!

I’m trying to get something decent recorded before the end of the summer. I go back to grad school in September and then I will be in educational servitude for another year. So….I’ve got 6 songs ready to record:

Who Bought The Sun
Death Woke On Saturday (Vulture of Man)
Moon Heard from Sun
Mesa Town
Hey My My
Hail Mary

Then I’ve got 2 that I’ve been messing with for a few weeks but still need a bit of work:
News from Saturn
Wait a Minute (working title)

Then I have to really kick my rear and get two more down so I can feel like I’ve created something that has at least 10 songs haha!

But I requested a week off from work (starting on August 10th) and hopefully that will be enough time to record everything. The arrangement should be pretty modest. Some minor percussion, bass, maybe a little keyboard or something to spice it up. I guess it depends on the time allotment. I feel pretty good with the crazy shaker action that I recorded with the first version of Death Woke On Saturday so I might just try to re-create that recording but with a cajon.  If…er..WHEN I finish it, it should be the 6th recorded body of work I’ve done.

The last 5 have been:

All Alone in Public Places
Pin Jacket Romance
When Will You Come Home
Roma
Trinity

This isn’t counting about 40+ songs that I recorded as weird little demos  and quasi completed ideas that never made it anywhere. And that isn’t counting the 100s of even sparser ideas that never made it in front of a microphone. I took my previous recordings offline because I felt the quality was just too subpar. I’ll always love the songs, but the recording quality makes them almost painful to listen to. And sometimes the performance as well haha! Anyway, I’m feeling pretty good about this new batch! But really I just wanted to say thanks for listening.

Oh yeah! And my friend Marcus looks like he is working on recording an album as well! So checkout

http://marcuseugene.blogspot.com/

for new info.

Also, the old duo of Steven Smith and Klayton Tietjen sound like they’re working on something awesome! But I don’t know what it is yet *sigh*. Still, I’m excited. Awesomeness is on the horizon.

Best of luck out there-
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment