Image Map

Monday, August 12, 2013

Played an open mic at the Crux.




Took a break from recording and decided to go play and open mic night

The first time I’ve actually played in front of actual humans in years lol. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the guts to ask them for a chair. I just never practice standing up.  So instead I got up there, stood, had my guitar too low, could barely make out my fretboard and did two TERRIBLE versions of Moon Heard from Sun and Death Woke on Saturday. But by the time I got to the third and final song (Mesa Town) I was starting to feel a little more comfortable. 

Still, it was cool to be around people. I met a guy named Adam from this awesome band called The Author Us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucEfm5Jxyr8

Also there was a rad guy named Chris who did two Pixies covers and Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam.

And…one other guy…Justin I think? He had amazing playing skills! He was switching back and forth between finger picking and strumming while playing this really great harmonica. I think he covered Cash’s Ring of Fire. 

The Crux staff were definitely nice and it seemed like a pretty great place actually.
BUT… in the future…I’m going to ask for the bloody chair….

No comments:

Post a Comment